Friday, September 20, 2013

A bad start to something... great?

So I finally, after months and months of searching, got a job! It's only a temporary contract but it's a great role with a fantastic company and my colleagues seem lovely so far. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I pray I don't screw it up and remember how hellish life's been these past few months whenever work is rough. My bipolar has really been acting up and I've been really low. Like, low low... 



I say it was a horrible start because I was having major issues with the recruitment company that represented me for the role. They wanted me to get three references to them in the space of a day (!) and with my crap track record of absences (and a firing) I knew I was going to have a hard time with it although I did manage it somehow. I told one of the recruiters specifically not to phone one of my former employers which he of course did and then the proverbial shit hit the fan. I don't know what they said but I'm almost 100% sure confidentiality went out the window because the recruitment agency that are representing me, and whom I am making money FOR, are treating me like shit and like I'm diseased and tainted.. 
Little do they know the reason I got fired was because I had the balls to stand up to my line manager when I felt she discriminated against me regarding my bipolar leading to - you guessed it absences. All they heard was insubordination. Anyway, guess this means I'm only going to have to work twice as hard to prove myself. I can do that. I'm a tough chick. 



Today, however, I woosah'ed the stress and shit away from yesterday and started fresh and had an awesome day. I'm even carpooling with my boss all of next week. How cool is that? That's right. I've got an in with the boss and it's only day 1 ;) 

- P <3

No comments:

Post a Comment